1. What motivated you to start your own line?
After years of doing makeup, I realized that many women don't wear makeup because they don’t know how to apply it or simply don’t have the time. There are so many beauty products and so many types of brushes out in the market - How do you know which one to use and which one to buy? It can get very costly. Taking all this into consideration, I came up with makeup on paper. Now you can apply makeup in minutes and not worry about the mess, or which brush to use with which product. It’s easy to apply, convenient, and mess-free. You can stash these booklets literally anywhere. Touching up has never been so easy! We like to say, apply makeup anytime, anywhere!
2. How long did it take? When was your product line ready for the general public?
It took almost 2 years to perfect the formula to launch to the public.
3. What obstacles did you face along the way?
The challenge is developing a product that actually can perform. Everyone’s initial thought is, "how are you going to put make-up on paper?" Is it going to be blotchy? The biggest challenge is getting the formula right.
4. Who did you draw your inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from just being a woman and a makeup junkie. As a woman, we all like to look good naturally and effortlessly.
5. What is unique, different or special about your brand?
Here are a few reasons why our brand is different and unique:
- You don’t need to carry all your compacts and brushes in your bag. That can weigh down your shoulders!
- You can apply it brush-free, making it more bacteria free. Brushes can accumulate bacteria over time. These are single use so you just toss after each use.
- It is travel friendly and mess-free. You will never have to worry about your powder compact shattering in your favorite bag.
6. What if anything would you do differently if you could do it over?
Absolutely nothing! There were a few obstacles I faced developing the products, but I am grateful for all the support the past few years.
7. How do you feel about changes in the organic beauty movement?
The organic beauty movement will only get stronger. We all like to use what is good for our body and skin.
8. What advice would you offer other novice women entrepreneurs?
Follow your dreams and your intuition. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s not possible. Believe in yourself and think positive no matter what difficulty you face. Dreams do come true.
9. Do you think it is more difficult for women when it comes to business?
Definitely not! We are all created equal. How much you want to succeed is all up to you.
10. How do you find work/life balance?
I find it easier to balance work and life when you love what you do. I have a true passion for beauty: this makes my job a lot easier. There needs to be a good balance between work and family in order to succeed.