- An estimated 14 million people in the United States suffer from rosacea, and yet still the exact cause is not universally understood and accepted.
- Symptoms range from acne to redness and can come and go throughout life; many who suffer from this chronic condition are completely unaware that they even have it.
- Women are more often affected by rosacea. It tends to be more common with those who have fair skin and are between 30 and 60 years of age.
- If not treated, symptoms tend to worsen or become more persistent, bumps or acne may develop and a condition called rhinophyma may appear, which causes excess tissue to develop on the nose.
- Other signs may include facial swelling, raised red patches on the skin, eye irritation and dry, rough skin. However, rosacea can also accompany oily skin as well.
- If you suspect you have rosacea, we recommend that you visit a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
Key ingredient to look for
Tea Tree Oil
A powerful essential oil, tea tree oil is thought to have antimicrobial properties to heal and prevent acne without the dryness and irritation associated with conventional products such as benzoyl peroxide. Pure tea tree oil, available from Primavera, should only be directly applied when diluted appropriately with water or aloe vera. Mix one-part oil with nine parts water or pure aloe vera gel.
Long used for its anti-inflammatory qualities, aloe vera helps rebuild scarred or damaged skin. It soothes skin and can help reduce swelling and redness in current acne while the mild astringent qualities prevent further outbreaks.
Extremely gentle, yet ideal for promoting healing, calendula has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Used for centuries to treat everything from insect bites and burns to cuts and scrapes, it also helps calm and soothe eczema, acne and psoriasis.
Full of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, honey helps heal acne while simultaneously soothing skin. It’s also non-irritating and non-drying. Manuka honey from New Zealand, found in many Living Nature products, is specifically known for its healing and repairing benefits for skin conditions ranging from acne and eczema to burns and infections.